One of our best friends eats a gluten-free diet and I really wanted to make a fun dessert for a potluck dinner we were doing together. Enter these cookies: They are made with just a few wholesome ingredients, and they are chewy, salty and satisfying. I then made them for her baby shower when she was carrying twins, and even in all the activity of that day, she made sure she got a few of her special cookies! You can easily multiply this recipe to make several batches, and you’ll need to because they will disappear quickly. You don’t even have to announce that they’re gluten free unless you want to.
|Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free!)|| |
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- sea salt or Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make sure the natural peanut butter is very well mixed and combine it with the sugar, egg and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Texture should resemble soft Play-Doh. If it is too loose, add up to ¼ cup more sugar.
- Using a spoon or a small cookie scoop, scoop dough onto ungreased nonstick cookie sheets or onto parchment paper-lined regular cookie sheets.
- Wet hands and gently pat cookie dough to create 2" diameter cookies.
- Bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven and lightly sprinkle with sea salt or Kosher salt.